Wed, 17 Oct|
Location is TBD
Ride To Work Day - BIKE BUS
Let us help you Ride To Work by joining our Bike Bus. Leaving from the Parramatta Ride 2 Work breakfast, our ride leaders will lead you on an off road route to Sydney Olympic Park. Arriving by 8:30 giving you plenty of time to freshen up for the work day. Take the bus all or part of the way.
Time & Location
17 Oct 2018, 7:00 am – 8:30 am
Location is TBD
About The Event
Join our BIKE BUS with our newest Get Riding @ Work graduate Kim who will be riding to work for the first time. Starting at the Parramatta Ride 2 Work day breakfast our experienced Ride Leaders will lead Kim and other commuters along the Parramatta River finishing up at Kim's workplace Bicycle NSW. This is the perfect opportunity to try commuting by bike where you will be riding with experienced commuters.
Join us for the whole 15 km journey or join us on the way at our pickup point in Silverwater. No need to ride with us all the way, just stop off near your workplace. You check out the bus route here.
Don't live close to the pick up points? Drive your car part of the way and ride the rest with us! Have a look for parking options near your pick up point before the day of the ride.
Bike Bus Schedule - Note: The Bus will leave Parramatta at 7:00 am sharp. Please arrive early as we will not be able to wait for late comers.
- 7:00 Parramatta Ride 2 Work Day Breakfast departure point
- 7: 45 Silverwater Bridge (Eric Primrose Park side)
- 8:30 am Bicycle NSW office - Bicentennial Park. Trains available at Concord West or Olympic Park
You will need to bring with you;
- Fully working bike with bell
- Australian Standard Bike Helmet
- Suitable clothing for foretasted weather (light, bright and tight clothing)
- Backpack or pannier with;
Opal card if continuing your journey via public transport
Before the day
- Check on parking options for your bike near your workplace - Bike sheds and lockers are now located in multiple areas. You may need to register for them before use.
- Ensure you have a good bike lock
- Check timetables for connecting trains or Ferries - Note Bikes are not allowed on busses. Ferries most of the time allow bikes, however it is up to the discretion of the captain and crew .
- Park n Ride - Check car parking options close to your pickup point
- Check weather forecasts for the day and dress accordingly
- Ensure your bike is clean and in working condition
No bike hire available for this event
7:00 am Parramatta
7:45 am Silverwater Bridge
Meet at the shared path on the river at the Eric Primrose Reserve side of the bridge.